I live in Texas… I love some good Tex Mex! I grew up in New Mexico… I do NOT like spicy food! (I’m not sure what growing up in New Mexico has to do with that…) I really love the flavor of a good pepper, but I am a huge wimp when it comes to heat. This salsa balances a mild pepper flavor with some fun, tasty flavors that compliment each other well. If you’re not a wimp like me, you could sub some hotter peppers for a spicier flavor. Go make this easy bacon jalapeno salsa!
Chunky Bacon Jalapeno Salsa
- 3 slices uncured bacon
- 3 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- Optional: Fresh cilantro to taste or about 1-2 tablespoons.
- 1. Fry the bacon until crispy, then remove from heat to cool. Reserve the bacon grease in the skillet.
- 2. Sauté the diced jalapenos and onion in the bacon grease for about five minutes on medium-low heat.
- 3. Crumble the cooled bacon and add it together in a bowl, along with the sautéed veggies and tomatoes and avocado.
- 4. Add chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Easy peasy- and so flavorful! Y’all, do yourselves a favor and make these empanadas from Predominantly Paleo, then top them with this salsa!
No seriously, make these empanadas!