This giveaway has ended, but you can get 20% off any order ftom Vital Proteins by using the code HEALTOGETHER20 through Christmas! And as always, shipping is free.
I have mentioned a couple of times why we love Vital Proteins. Not only are the products hugely beneficial for health, but the company itself is outstanding. We love being able to trust the source of the collagen, as well as the nutritional content of the products. Today, we’re going to give away two prize packs with both of our favorite products- the collagen peptides and the beef gelatin (collagen protein)!
To recap, let’s talk about why we love these products!
“Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is a key constituent of all connective tissues. Collagen provides the infrastructure of the musculoskeletal system, essential for mobility” [source].
- improves the appearance and texture of hair, skin and nails
- strengthens the bones and joints
- helps with weight maintenance
- assists with muscle building and recovery
- helps to rebuild the digestive tract
Because collagen has such a well-rounded amino acid profile, it provides key nutrients our diet might otherwise be lacking. Amino acids are important because they help regenerate tissue, promote healthy digestion, support and stimulate the immune system, reduce inflammation, regulate the nervous system, plus more!
Our family personally uses collagen nearly every day in smoothies, puddings, and gummies, and for good reason! The specific reasons we use it are:
- Bone, joint and cartilage care: I originally bought our first container of Vital Proteins after learning about its high amino acid content because David had started having pain in his wrist from all of the time he has to spend on his phone (sending texts and email) and computer for work. He eats well, but inflammation was starting to get the better of him. So, I did what every warrior wife and momma does: I took to the internet to research what I could do for him, and came across research that the regeneration and support of connective tissues offered by gelatin should help with his wrist inflammation. I immediately ordered a 32 oz container and David began putting it into his raw milk smoothie nearly every day before work. He has reported a vast reduction in symptoms! Read more about how collagen is beneficial for bones, joints and cartilage here.
- Nervous system and brain health: Amino acids support brain health and the nervous system. Glycine, which makes up 20% of collagen protein, is a major component in collagen’s healing properties. It regulates nervous system function by hindering excitatory neurotransmitters with its inhibition properties, promoting restful sleep and stress reduction [source]. For our big guy that struggles with hyperactivity, this is huge. Any whole-food supplement that inhibits excitatory neurotransmitters is a hit at our house. And the stress reduction factor is huge for David and myself.
- High protein content: 17 grams per serving, in fact. It packs quite the satiating punch when added to smoothies, ice cream, jello and pudding, making it an easy part of a quick breakfast or snack in our house of busy boys. Fast protein is a must around here.
Why I choose Vital Proteins over other popular brands:
- Higher content of essential amino acids
- Cleaner taste and texture
- Honest, clear advertising (it says right on the container that it’s pasture-raised!)
Since using Vital Proteins, I’ve created several recipes using the product. Check those out below:
Now, I want to give not one, but TWO, of you lovely readers a prize pack with both the collagen protein (32 oz) and collagen peptides (20 oz)!
But first, you may be wondering what the difference between the peptides and the protein are. Here’s a little info: collagen protein is what you know as gelatin. When dissolved in warm liquid, then allowed to set, it becomes jello. It’s great for making homemade jigglers and gummies, as well as adding to foods that will be consumed quickly, like smoothies or puddings, but left to sit very long, it gets thick, so it’s not a good option for everything. Collagen peptides, however, doesn’t require warm liquid to dissolve. This is a great option for smoothies as well and you don’t have to worry about your smoothie thickening if you don’t drink it right away. The only caveat is that peptides are a bit more processed and might not be a great option for those with compromised gut health. For this reason, I prefer the health benefits of the gelatin.
Would LOVE to try this product! Thank you!!
How does this product benefit children with adhd?
From my above post: “Nervous system and brain health: Amino acids support brain health and the nervous system. Glycine, which makes up 20% of collagen protein, is a major component in collagen’s healing properties. It regulates nervous system function by hindering excitatory neurotransmitters with its inhibition properties, promoting restful sleep and stress reduction [source]. For our big guy that struggles with hyperactivity, this is huge. Any whole-food supplement that inhibits excitatory neurotransmitters is a hit at our house.”
Hope that helps!