It’s finally fall and I’m making everything pumpkin! Funny since I never liked pumpkin pie growing up, nor have I ever really been a fan of pumpkin in general. That’s all changed and I’ve been getting creative with some truly delicious results! I’m pretty sure I should’ve grown a pumpkin patch… or bought stock in pumpkins or something, because I’ve been using pumpkin puree in everything!
We absolutely love blondies and make them any time we have a need for a special treat… (if you haven’t tried my original maple butter blondies recipe, go check it out here!) so it only makes sense that I would remake them with a pumpkin twist for the fall season! Find the recipe below.
Pumpkin Spice Blondies with Maple Butter
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. maple sugar optional, but delightful!
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t pumpkin spice
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- dash salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Grease 9 X 13 casserole dish with fat of choice (I like to use palm shortening.)
- 3. Using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix , blend pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- 4. Add walnuts, baking soda and salt (and optional maple syrup) and blend once more until smooth and creamy. Use a tamper tool if need be; the batter becomes rather thick.
- 5. Pour batter into the prepared dish, using a spatula to scrape out the blender and smooth the top of the blondies.
- 6. Top with pecans and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes: shorter if you like extra fudgy blondies and longer if you like them a little more well done.
- 7. Top with a drizzle of maple butter.
[…] Paleo Pumpkin Spice Blondies with Maple Butter from The Family That Heals Together […]