GAPS Intro Chicken Enchilada Soup
If you need a fresh take on soup on the GAPS intro diet, try this flavorful, (optionally spicy) soup!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 quarts - Chicken Stock - homemade
- 2 cups - Tomato Puree - pure no added ingredients
- 2 cups - Shredded Chicken - previously cooked
- 1 whole - Bell Pepper - de-seeded and sliced
- 1 whole - Onion - peel removed and sliced
- 1/2 or more tbsp - Chili Powder - no added ingredients
- 2 tsp - Real Salt
- 1 tbsp - Creme Fraiche - optional topping per bowl
- cubed - Avocado - optional topping
- Cilantro - optional topping
Combine tomato puree and stock in large stock pot.Add shredded chicken, sliced vegetables and spices and whisk until well mixed.
Bring soup to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Ladle into individual bowls and allow to cool slightly before adding toppings, so as to leave cultures in creme fraiche intact.
For stage one ingredients, leave out the chili powder, avocado and cilantro. Stage two can include fresh herbs; stage three, avocado; chili powder can be introduced on stage five.
For added nutrition on stage two, mix a raw egg yolk into each bowl of soup.