I have been bragging about this salad on Instagram for months… and for good reason! It is delicious… simple and nourishing. Basically, I can’t get enough of it. And by changing up the fruit in the salad, I keep it fresh and interesting. Not that I need to, because with such an array of complimentary flavors, I honestly never get tired of it. I crave it all the time, and not just because it tastes good. My body really craves the nutrition it offers as well. The recipe is based off of my favorite salad at one of my favorite local restaurants… which also serves artisan (gluten and junky, but mouth-watering, …ahem) pizzas. However, this salad really does satisfy, so it’s not at all unusual for me to enjoy it while my date (aka Mr. Incredible) or a companion enjoys the pizza. It’s also not unusual for me to enjoy the pizza on occasion… but I digress.
Here’s how you can make this amazing chopped salad at home… and it’s almost as good as eating it at a restaurant, but falls short of having it prepared by someone else.
Chopped Salad Recipe with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 large free range chicken breast cooked and chopped into one inch chunks
- 1/3 head organic cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots sliced into rounds
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup organic fruit of choice my favorite is red grapes, but I've used raspberries and chopped apple with pleasing results
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 T. organic grassfed crumbled blue cheese (omit for paleo, dairy-free option)
- handful chopped basil or, if you don't have fresh basil, omit and add 1 t. dried basil to dressing recipe, below
- Placed chopped veggies and chicken into a large salad bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients well with a whisk or immersion blender then toss over salad.